TAI CHI (Taiji Quan) | FREE EVERY MONTH
Please check back soon for class resume date, or contact as at email@example.com
Free/Donation based – All levels: Total beginner – Advanced.
- Date: Every 1st Saturday of the month (unless otherwise posted)
- Time: 1:30 – 3:30PM (2 Hours) Participants are free to come-and-go as they please, push hands is always optional
- Location: Koa House | 5601 S. Broadway, Littleton CO 80121 Ste. 40
- Requirements: If under 18, minors may work with legal guardian for duration of course. All attendees must complete registration and waivers before start time.
- Form: Form instruction, form correction, posture refinement, internal drills, energetic drills & energetic instructions according to the classics.
- Push Hands (optional): Partner based drills, instruction, and open (freestyle) push hands with partners in a led environment. We train fixed step “Kuzushi” style push hands.
Style: Zheng Man Qing 37 Posture Taiji Quan
Lineage: Yang Cheng Fu, Zheng Man Qing, Benjamin Lo, Scott Meredith
Instructors: Brent Ramos & Barbara Jwanouskos
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing you can move in.
- Flat sole & clean shoes (or, you go barefoot).
- Maybe a water bottle.
- A fun and communal attitude.
- Zero ego.
- Show up 10 minutes early to sign in and register.
What to expect:
- Group based form instruction (some days there are only two people, and some days there are 20)
- No heavy cardio (this is Tai Chi). However, your legs will be getting an intense workout. Everyone goes to their own ability and background.
- Two mat spaces – Depending on the size of the class, and if there are varying levels of ability, we will split the groups up into beginner on one mat and advanced on another (split between two instructors).
- You must sign a waiver if it is your first time.
- Timing: 1 hour of form, followed by 1 hour of push hands.
- Push hands (optional): Will follow form instruction. We will start with drills to train specific attributes given from the instructor, and move into ‘free style’ push hands. All partners will rotate amongst those who are in class led by the instructor.
- Please, no phones or recording allowed.
- You must sign a waiver and release before participating.
- There are bathrooms onsite, areas to change, and water available.
Want more? Private lessons are offered, and encouraged.